Inspiring youth to learn, play, and grow in the spirit of healthy adventure and fun in nature.
Camp Millican is a week-long day camp for kids ages 4-14 which promotes healthy discovery and outdoor adventures. We are located in south College Station, Texas, and are a program of the Millican Reserve Land Conservancy, whose mission is to maintain, restore, and educate the community about the remarkable landscape of Millican Reserve. As an outdoor summer experience, Camp Millican provides a fun, enriching week aimed at strengthening a child’s sense of well-being and cultivating a bond with nature.
Camp Millican 2023 is just around the corner! A new adventure awaits!
The Best Summer Ever!
We can’t wait to welcome back fun camp songs, nature hikes, creativity and adventure this summer! You can find general camp information below and also complete enrollment forms for each child attending camp.
4-6 year olds
7-10 year olds
Young Rangers Camp
11-14 year olds
Questions? We have answers!
Summer fun for your camper!
Explorers Camp is for children 4-6 years. These sessions are designed specifically for younger campers to provide an enriching outdoor learning experience. These younger campers will have the opportunity to explore nature from the ground up through playful adventures created just for early elementary aged kids.
Explorers Camp Session 1: May 31 – June 2; 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Explorers Camp Session 2: June 28 – June 30; 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Explorers Camp Session 3: July 26 – July 28; 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Pathfinders Camp is for children 7-10 years. These sessions promote healthy discovery and outdoor adventures. As an outdoor program, Pathfinders Camp provides a fun, enriching experience aimed at strengthening a child’s sense of well-being and cultivating a bond with nature.
Pathfinders Camp Session 1: June 19 – June 23; 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Pathfinders Camp Session 2: July 10 – July 14; 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Pathfinders Camp Session 3: July 17 – July 21; 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Young Rangers Camp
Young Rangers Camp is for children 11-14 years. Young Rangers Camp is centered around adventure, leadership, communication, and team building. Young Ranger’s have the opportunity to volunteer at Pathfinders Camp Sessions for no additional charge (limited availability per general camp session)!
Young Rangers Camp Session 1: June 5 – June 9; 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Young Rangers Camp Session 2: June 12 – June 16; 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Here are some of the activities you can expect your camper(s) to enjoy:
- Camp Millican songs and games
- Discovery hikes
- Arts and crafts
- Water fun
- Horseback riding
- Wild animal interactions (always in a controlled environment with professionals!)
- Paddle boarding (Young Rangers only)
From College Station, head south on FM 2154 (Wellborn Road) towards Millican. Camp Millican is 4.2 miles south of the intersection of Wellborn Road and Greens Prairie Trail.
Camp dropoff is at the Farm Entrance to Millican Reserve (across from the intersection of Wellborn Road and High Prairie Road).
Enter Millican Reserve
- The Marketplace wooden structure will be in front on the right
- The Farmhouse will be on the left down a winding rock drive; this is blocked off and not open for entry
Turn into the open grassy parking area on the left, park in this area and bring your child(ren) over for sign-in & temperature check
Campers will stay at the Marketplace structure through drop off with counselors until all campers for the day are present and all vehicles have left
We implement the most recent COVID guidelines and protocols.
We will have more details as they become available.
Campers are encouraged to bring:
- A towel
- A backpack/bag
- A change of clothes
- A swimsuit – worn to camp under clothes or in backpack
- Flipflops or water-shoes for waterfront activities
- Labeled refillable water bottle
- Any medication needed – presented to camp counselor on arrival
- Labeled soft or hard sided lunch box
- These will be sanitized by camp staff and then placed in a separate location until lunch
- Explorer campers may be picked up at noon if you would prefer your child to not eat lunch at camp
- Nature appropriate clothing
- Closed toed shoes
The refunding of camp fees is as follows:
- Notification two week prior to camp session qualifies for a full return.
- Notification one week prior to camp session qualifies for 1/2 return.
- This return will be noted by the Camp Director, forwarded to the main office and processed through original form of payment.